12 Oct A few holiday ideas in Corfu
Corfu is like heaven on earth with a rich and colorful history. Corfu can be anything you want, a relaxed getaway for rejuvenating and recharging your inner self or an exhilarating thrill to experience water related activities. The weather is pleasant, the crime rate low and the local’s friendly, what more could you want? The small shops inside narrow streets take you to a world bygone, the forts and palaces as well as ancient churches all seem witness to the many wars waged on the soil and still came through. The hotels in Corfu are aplenty with five star facilities as well the more sedate and budget friendly options.
Holiday Ideas in Corfu
If you wish to indulge in the sun and sea of Corfu, given below are a few ideas to quench your thirst for adventure as well as making the most use of your trip.
- Boat Excursions – You have an option of choosing between a fun BBQ party on a beach or a day trip cruise to the mainland.
- Private Cruise – You can always hire a commercial motor yacht charter to help explore Corfu in all its beauty as well as the neighboring islands around.
- Speedboats – A high powered speedboat driven by a captain along with a DJ. An unforgettable experience and one you should definitely treat yourself to while on vacation on this Greek island.
- Rent-a-boat – You could always rent your own boat to escape the crowds and hustle bustle to discover the less travelled beaches of Corfu. There are various companies that offer this service and support to people who desire the same.
- Mini cruises – Ideal for private parties with their own swimming pool and an offer of fresh fish BBQ on isolated beaches. Whether you choose a day time trip or an evening one, if you are going in a large group, these mini cruises are the best.
- Yacht sailing – You can always charter a yacht with its own skipper and crew and discover the Ionian Islands in a different way. Privately owned yacht charters offer you flexibility, a friendly crew and service unmatched. Explore the bays and harbors in and around Corfu for a vacation you won’t easily forget.
Once you’ve decided on what all you wish to do in Corfu, don’t forget to book in one of the numerous hotels in Corfu. Some of these hotels can help you with your transport and arrange for a few other activities around the hotel and nearby beaches. Almost everyone wants to visit the museums and the Old Town, there’s even a Chamber music festival there if you go at the right time. You can explore the mountainside with guided trails with helpful maps and details. There are trekking paths with beautiful scenic landscapes to enjoy while walking along, it would definitely refresh your body and soul and relax you in a way few things can. Remember to choose one of those hotels in Corfu that are reputed for their service and facilities.